Webinar - NEC4 TSC

This webinar is comprised of six parts. The first three webinars are FREE and the rest will require a Subscription Plan. If you haven’t already attended it, you can sign up here: Webinar - NEC4 TSC

The aim of this webinar series is to introduce you to the common philosophies of the NEC family of contracts and focuses in more detail on the main and secondary options of the NEC4 Term Service Contract (TSC). It will also cover contract documents used in the TSC and the different functions of each.

The webinar series contains the following:

• NEC4 TSC (Part 1/6): How the TSC is structured – the options and documents
  • NEC4 TSC (Part 2/6): Roles and responsibilities of the Service Manager and Contractor under the TSC
  • NEC4 TSC (Part 3/6): Managing the Contractor’s plan and quality under the TSC
  • NEC4 TSC (Part 4/6) How pricing and payment works under the TSC
  • NEC4 TSC (5/6): Getting to grips with compensation events under the TSC
  • NEC4 TSC (6/6): Writing and managing task orders under the TSC

@Neil_Earnshaw

1. The Contractor’s Plan. We the Client have to respond within 2 weeks to accept or reject it. Can we set out longer timelines in the Contract Data? The Plan is going to be huge, and I’d hoped to give us a month to respond, and then to give the Contractor a month to come back with the final plan.

2. Defects / Low Service Damages……. We currently use a performance management framework that highlights ‘rectifications’ (presumably Defects under the TSC), and a response time. Rectification points are awarded and these are monitored on a rolling programme. If a rectification isn’t resolved in the given timescale, more points are added, and a financial deduction applied, relevant in scale to the issue. I’d hoped that under the TSC we could retain this scheme, using the Low Service Damages option to allow us to issue those deductions. I’m now wondering if I’ve understood that correctly, and also what is the link between Low Service Damages and the payment the Contractor pays to the Client if the Client has to put an issue right themselves? (In our case, we are unlikely to put anything right ourselves, and will always look to the Contractor to put the matter right, or have a penalty if it can’t be put right).

@Neil_Earnshaw some interesting questions, can you please reply to @caroline.bird