Can i include generic rates within an NEC3 Framework contract for both Time Charge Orders and Package Orders?

I would like to have a schedule of rates included in a NEC3 framework contract which allow me to draw down on engineering services under both the PSC and ECC. Can I include generic rates within an NEC3 Framework contract for both Time Charge Orders and Package Orders? Is there anything i need to watch out for?

2 Likes

You can include rates and also other pricing information within the quotation information under the NEC3 Framework Contract (under the CDP2), however if you wish to include generic rates for use with both the PSC and also ECC you will need to be careful. Rates for the PSC and ECC are expressed slightly differently. Staff rates under the PSc are all inclusive of overhaeds and profit. ECC rates for design people outside the working area attract a design overhead and the direct fee. An engineer working within the working area under an ECC contract would attract the working area overhead or people percentage and than also the fee percentage. So any rates listed in the quotataion information need to clearly state what percentage additions they have included.

It is also worth noting the quotation information is used to assess quotation but it is not in itself binding.