NEC ECC: Covid-19 - Amended Prevention Clause (time only) - Deleted clause 60.1(19) in its entirety

I have an NEC3 EEC contract with an amended Clause 19 Prevention specifically mentioning in an event of a pandemic, contractor is entitled to an extension of time only. However the clause 60.1(19) has been deleted in its entirety. As I understand you can only claim a CE by way of one of the CE events 60.1 (1 - 19). Therefore how does the contractor get an extension to their completion date. Is this done purely by a communication (referring to the Z prevention clause 19) since there is no relevant CE event (60.1 (1 - 19), or does this have to be done by a Deed of Variation - changing the Completion Date.

I can’t comment definitively without seeing the words of the Z clause, but from what you say it seems that the Z clause gives another means of putting back the contractual Completion Date outside of the normal compensation procedure. This assumes that there is something about this in the Z-clause.