JCT: When you have issued all the required Section Completion Statements, do you need to issue a Practical Completion Statement

This has recently been raised by a Contractor in an adjudication argument and is also being requested by Contractor insurance companies on a more regular basis

If there are sections then you should only issue sectional completion certificates for each section. the same applies to Notice of Completion of Making Good for each section.

Correct answer given by Tiplady, the PC certificate is just for the whole for the works

Is the architect/EA not obliged to issue the practical completion certificate at the same time as the final sectional completion certificate as this confirms completion of the Works. Also all the sections may not be the same as all of the Works (unlikely but possible).