Is Cl 61.6 applicable to a Project Manager's assessment of a compensation event?

I have notified the Contractor that he has not assessed the compensation event correctly and I am making my own assessment. In my assessment I am stating some assumptions on which my assessment is based. If these assumptions are subsequently found to be incorrect does Cl 61.6 apply. Can I notify a correction?

2 Likes

Cl 61.6 is a Project Manager’s assumption, stated where something is not able to be reasonably forecast. An example I’d use is if you decided you needed additional site security due to a protest nearby, but you didn’t know how long the protest would last, and nor would the Contractor. So its fair to make an assumption. You have to include that in the instruction to provide quotations.
The sort of assumptions you would typically make in a Project Manager’s assessment are likely to be because you are not in full possession of necessary information and facts. The Contractor could have avoided that by not putting the PM in a position where an assessment was needed. Now the PM has no choice but to act, using that partial info.
You fill any gaps with assumptions, but they are not Cl 61.6 assumptions and therefore can’t be revisited.

2 Likes

Thanks for your timely response, Andy.

Regards

Martin Jagger
Tel. +44 7709 181691

1 Like