With regards to the Buildings Act 1984, what document controls apply to local authorities?

All documents related to the Act and local authorities must be documented in writing in a format consistent with the dictats of the Secretary of State. All documents must be signed by:

  •       an appropriate officer;
  •       the district surveyor;