What are the consequences of living in a Conservation Area when applying for planning permission?

Should you live within such a region then planning permission is required for the following:

	demolishing a building;

	demolishing a gate, fence, wall or railing should it be over one metre in height and next to a highway, or over two metres in height at any other location.