JCT: Claims for Covid 19 under contract

We have an ongoing project in N.Ireland and the contract is JCT Standard contract with Quantities.
I was wondering what avenue I might have for a claim for the additional welfare and Covid 19 protocals that are required.

I have spoken to with the client QS who is of the opinion that we are liable for all costs as we have a duty of care to our workforce and there is not provision under the contract for this.

The distancing etc will also impact on progress / programme so surly this is a relevant event causing an EOT.

I think that you can claim additional time under relevant 14 or 16 (assuming these have not been deleted). RE 14 is “the exercise after the Base Date by the United Kingdom Government of a statutory power…” and RE16 is force majeure.

You could possibly claim the additional costs under a Change under Clause 5.1.2 where the Employer/Contractor imposes restrictions on access to the Site, but if the Employer/Contractor has not impose new methods of working but you have done this to protect your workforce there is little prospect of claiming these additional health and safety costs.

I think that you can claim additional time under relevant 14 or 16 (assuming these have not been deleted). RE 14 is “the exercise after the Base Date by the United Kingdom Government of a statutory power…” and RE16 is force majeure.

You could possibly claim the additional costs under a Change under Clause 5.1.2 where the Employer/Contractor imposes restrictions on access to the Site, but if the Employer/Contractor has not imposed new methods of working but you have done this to protect your workforce there is little prospect of claiming these additional health and safety costs.