If an owner / occupier is served an abatement order by a local authority, what rights does (s)he have in terms of opposing it?

The owner / occupier can appeal to a magistrates’ court on any of the following grounds:

	that the notice is unjustified in the terms specified;

	that the notice is legally defective;

	that the authority has unreasonably blocked an alternative works from being constructed;

	that the time limit stipulated is unfeasible;

	that the notice lawfully was issued to the wrong person(s);

	that another person should share the expense incurred.