With regard to the Building Act 1984, what is the procedure for appealing against a local authority’s ruling?

Under these circumstances it is permissible to apply to a magistrates’ court to overturn the decision, but this must be done within 21 days of the notice being issued. Should this be unsuccessful, an appeal can be issued to the Crown court.