How do I enter my site location if I cannot find it using a postcode (or my site has no postcode) and I do not know the grid reference?

If your site is not being found correctly by the ‘Address Search’ facility or it simply does not have a postcode, then you can still start your online application by using the ‘Map Search’ option to find the correct grid reference for your site. To use the ‘Map Search’ tool, simply click on the ‘Map Search’ tab in the ‘Application Chooser’ box and then click on ‘Search by Map’. This will launch the UK Grid Reference Finder (a third party service) in a new window or browser tab. This service allows you to search a map of the UK manually (or by using a nearby postcode or street name) for your site. Once you have found your site, right click on the map to display the grid reference. Make a note of the six digit X (Easting) and Y (Northing) values. Then on the ‘Application Chooser’, select the ‘Grid Reference’ tab and enter the Easting (X) and Northing (Y) values and click ‘Next’. Please also note that if your postcode has not been recognised, we update our postcode data on a quarterly basis, which usually resolves this issue.