With regards to the existing Building Regulations, what types of building does Approved Document P cover?

Part P applies to all electrical installations in, or in the vicinity of, buildings or parts of buildings comprising the following:

·     houses and flats;

·     dwellings and business premises share a common metered supply of electricity;

·     buildings located on land associated with domestic buildings;

·     any fixed lighting or pond pumps located within gardens;

·     shops and public houses that have a flat located above them with a common meter;

·     common access areas in blocks of flats;

·     shared amenities within blocks of flats, for example laundries and gymnasiums.