Main Contractor and M&E Sub-Contractor enter into ECC Option A Sub-Contract and the project is 50% complete from an M&E perspective.
The M&E Sub-Contractor has been poor at issuing programmes for acceptance (although good at updating its progress programme reporting) and the Main Contractor even worse at responding / accepting revised programmes. Therefore the project only has had a handful of accepted programmes throughout the life of the project so far.
There has been varying delay events typically resulting from poor progress to preceding trades and the M&E sub-contractor will notify a CE under 60.1(3) or 60.1(4) but wants to know if it is his responsibility to notify or not. i.e. 60.1(3) M&E Sub-Contractor responsibility or 60.1(4) Main Contractor responsibility.
The various events can be described as follows:-
- Incomplete water main due to obstruction by scaffolding
- Incomplete preceding construction work in apartments
- Delayed installation and construction of the floors on the ground floor apartments
- Site phasing and logistics (access routes restricted)
- Rectification of incorrect initial installation of kitchen furniture
What is the difference between clause 60.1(3) and 60.1(4) when relating to the above scenario?
For each of the above events what appears to be the most suitable CE description? e.g. 60.1(1); 60.1(3); 60.1(4)
p.s. I appreciate that often the devil is in the detail!!