Can I amend a submitted application?

Yes, you can make amendments to an application you have submitted on the Planning Portal. View details below or download our ‘amending an application’ guidance note. You can access your applications by logging into the Planning Portal. Once you have logged in, click on ‘Planning’ in the blue toolbar across the top. When the ‘Planning’ page opens, click on ‘View Your Applications’ in the ‘Planning Applications’ box. The status of the submitted application will be either ‘Submitted’ or ‘Transferred’. Next to the status will be a link giving you the option to ‘Amend’, click this link to begin amending the application.

You now have two options. You will either be able to make changes to the supporting documentation (which is free and you may do this more than once), or other more substantive changes to the application (charges may apply depending on the changes made). If you are making changes to the forms section, or any details entered onto the forms, you will need to select the second option Option 1 – Changes to documentation only If selecting to make changes to the supporting documentation, this will change the status of your application to 'Open for amends’. The same application reference number and version number will be retained, with the Documentation section Open for Edit. You will not be able to amend the forms, fees or payment sections.

Option 2 – Changes to any part of the application If making substantive changes, this will create another version of your application (i.e. PP-00123456 v2). The status in ‘My Applications’ page will be Draft. Any information entered onto the original forms and supporting documentation sections will remain but these sections will be Open for Edit and further changes can then be made. Once you have made your changes you will need to click the ‘Check’ tab to make sure the application has been completed and then Submit the application as normal.