What training / qualifications should I have to carry out COSHH assessments?

	You don't need any particular qualifications but you must be competent. This means you must have the necessary knowledge, skills and experience to do the job properly. You should:

		understand hazard and risk
		know how the work can expose people to substances hazardous to health
		have the ability (and authority) to collect all the necessary information
		have the knowledge, skills and experience to make the right decisions about how to control exposure.

	Look at the [HSE website](http://www.hse.gov.uk/index.htm) for advice about your trade under Your Industry, or under COSHH Health & Safety Topics. If you are a member of a Trade Association, ask them for help.

	[b]Training courses are now available from training providers and you can get further details directly from the from the [further information](http://www.hse.gov.uk/coshh/furtherinfo.htm) part of this site.[/b]