Improvement Released - Contracts users tab

Allow all contract users to access a tabular view of users under each contract so that they have visibility of who is on the contract and what role they have. This tabular view already existing for admin and superusers and is available for via the main navigation, however it allows admin to extra users from this tab as well. This improvement will allow all users to view the Contract Users list, search it and export it as shown in the screenshot, but will not allow users to add new users unless they have the relevant permission.

@ian.brown can you confirm i have captured you request correctly. @Steve.Webley and @loreta.adams welcome your thoughts on this new feature as well. We are planning the release of this feature in December. @adrian.von.plato and @batuhan.balaban its on the release schedule for November, again let me know below if you need anything extra. thanks

@chriscorr This will be a very popular feature amongst our users. From an end user perspective their requirement is to be able to see who has received an email notification. One way of achieving that would be to display the email log but a simpler way of meeting the requirement would be to display the list of contract users (as described). If you were able to display the email notification rule for a process as well (e.g. in the notification footer or a separate tab) or display all email addresses that meet the rule (if that’s just as easy) I think that would meet the requirement in the most efficient way.

I will look into this but i have a feeling this will need to be the next stage of development. @batuhan.balaban can you clarify how easy this is technically?

Seeing the contract users list with their roles can definitely give insight who might have received notifications. Although mail notification is generated depending on each workflow’s notification filter configuration. This means if a workflow is configured to send out mails to specific party and role, mails would only be generated for that users in this list.
Additionally new email notification switch under user preferences will have an effect weather they receive email or not.

@batuhan.balaban thanks for clarifying that was my understanding as well, but like you say it will be a useful insight and a step towards giving users fuller visibility of what other users have been sent notifications

I’m happy with your spec to display the user list without the edit capability. Notwithstanding other priorities I would hope that would be relatively easy to deliver and would deliver 90% of the benefit with a fraction of the effort.

I agree, the user list is a useful addition. And edit capability only by admin.