Alignment between Accepted Programme and BoQ for measurement and payment

Under an Option B contract how can the Accepted Programme be used to measure progress for purposes of Contractor payment assessment so you have a single source of truth ? I.e achieving alignment between your BoQ and your Accepted Programme to measure progress and certify payment on this basis.

1 Like

Hi, it might be possible to relate lump sum items in the BoQ to the operations on the programme because the Price for Work Done to Date under Option B is a proportion of the work completed covered by the item in the BoQ but as far as items with quantities are concerned I don’t think it would be possible. It often not realised that the PWDD under Option B is a measure of the actual work completed which may or may not relate to the quantity stated in the BoQ. I’m afraid there’s no quick fix for this, the only way is to go out on site and measure the work completed, the old fashioned approach.
I also think there would be other issues in keeping the Accepted Programme up to date so that it matched the actual work completed at the assessment date.

Hope this helps?

1 Like