Expert advice in minutes not days. Register it's free and ask your first question now.
ReachBack is our free community help desk for construction professionals. A library of high-quality questions from real users with answers delivered and curated by a panel of industry experts.

4,311 questions

4,511 answers


34,773 users

Register its Free

Download here

If a contractor is producing sub-standard work, how can an employer get rid of him / her?

0 votes
asked Feb 6, 2013 in JCT Contracts by JCT Experts (-20 points)  

1 Answer

0 votes
Most standard form contracts contain provision for this, one such example is JCT Standard Building Contract 2009 clause 3.18. Ultimately, the architect has the legal right to issue a default notice and terminate the contract should a contractor fail continually to rectify poor work.
answered Feb 6, 2013 by JCT Experts (-20 points)